Super Foods For Weight Loss
Some foods help with weight loss for a variety of reasons. Some are high in fiber which improves digestion. Some are high in protein which is satiating and helps you to fight sugar cravings, and other have their own unique properties which make them helpful if your goal is to lose weight.
Here is list from Grandmother's Kitchen of super foods for weight loss.
1. Berries (raspberries, and blueberries are all stars) are high in fiber, have a low glycemic index, are low in calories, and also have the added benefit of being high in antioxidants which can help against cancer, heart disease, and the unwanted signs of aging.
2. Beans are also a winner due to their high fiber content, low glycemic index and super high protein content. Get creative with beans by adding them to salads, omelettes and making them into dips.
3. Grass fed organic meat. The reason this makes the list is because it is high protein which helps to keep you full, has a low glycemic index and also when it is grass fed, it is high in a compound called 'conjugated linoleic acid' which is also helpful for weight loss.
4. Wild salmon. High in protein, high in good fats, and low glycemic index. An added benefit of wild salmon is it is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are also used as supplements to fight depression and mood disorders, which as we all know can lead to weight gain.
5. Farm fresh eggs. High in protein, vitamins and minerals. This food has a low glycemic index and is super satisfying. Start your day with 2 eggs will keep you from craving a sugary sweet in the mid morning.
6. Greens. Almost all greens are wonderful superfoods for several reasons. First they are very high in fiber, second, they are low in sugar and also have a low glycemic index. The other reason they are so super is their abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. One reason why we over eat is because we are actually craving nutrients that we are not getting in processed food, so we can keep eating in search, when in fact all we needed with a big salad.
7. Apples. We all know the rhyme. Apple are low on the glycemic index scale, high in fiber, and high in vitamins. The key is to find organic apples, so they are not covered in sprays.
8. Green Tea. This is an excellent beverage to drink daily, or as studies show, three cups a day for weight loss. It is high in antioxidants, great for the digestive organs and also a mild themogenic aid that increases your metabolism.